Saturday, October 17, 2009

Does this smell okay?




In every household, there is usually one designated person who is asked to, "smell this..."  That someone is supposed to intuitively know whether the item has gone bad or can be consumed safely.  I always defer to my dear hubby, who usually says something like, "I don't know, but we've got good insurance, go for it!"  My motto has always been, "When in doubt, throw it out..."  But in my attempt to live more frugally, I'd like to make more informed decisions.   I don't want to waste what is perfectly good. 


Just a few days ago, a friend sent me a link to a site that will take the guess work out of deciphering those left-overs.  The name of the website is so cute, Still Tasty.   There are about a dozen different categories of food items listed.  There's also great information of food storage and shelf life of various foods.  Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment