Monday, January 4, 2010

Gratitude: A great way to start the new year.

A couple of months ago I found a wonderful blog from a woman named Ann Voskamp called A Holy Experience.  Every time I read her words, I was completely blessed.  One of her weekly posts is called Multitude Monday, One Thousand Gifts.  She began to list all the ways that God graces her, the everyday evidence of His divine, "I love you" that can so easily be overlooked.  The challenge is to recognize those moments and write them down.  Let the list grow until 1000 gifts have been recorded.  Ann has surpassed that number and keeps going.  Here is her story about the Gratitude Community.

I have been encouraged and inspired to start my own list of One Thousand Gifts.

There is so much to be grateful for in my life. 

1.  The spiritual heritage I have been given.

2.  A comfortable home.

3.  A husband who loves me.

4.  Good health.

5.  Four kids who love Jesus.

6.  My sweet dog, Blue.

7.  Early morning quiet.

8.  Warm sunshine coming in through the window.

9.  A car that starts.

10.  God's faithful whispers through His Word.



If you'd like to join me in this journey of gratitude, please let me know.  I'd love to walk the path with you!




holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment