Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A most sincere thanks...

To all the veterans, I send my thanks.  I enjoy the freedom of this country, and all it's blessings.  Freedom is something I often take for granted.  Let me not do so today.  I come from a family with many veterans.  My father, and my grandfather served.  My father-in-law and my nephew, too.  Growing up on an Army base, I remember and appreciate some of the sacrifices that soldiers make.  My father was in Vietnam when I was a toddler.  He would come home, and I would not know who he was.  That is a sacrifice many are not willing to pay.  But I am grateful. 

Grandpa - Prentice Beardsley


My Father - William Beardsley, receives Commendation Medal for meritorious service at U.S. Army Base, Alaska.


This is the day my father retired from the Army.  ( I look like the girl in the Adams Family...)



Grandpa Beardsley was always a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.


Grandma Beardsley was always a member of the Women's Auxiliary

Remembering was an imortant part of my grandparents lives.  I hope to pass that on to my children, too. 
God bless our veterans, and God bless America!

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos, K. I'll do the same on my blog today. ;-) What a different world we live in today, where our military is not honored in daily life like they used to be. Now, not even a war brings us together, but drives us apart.

    We must always remember....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you to your family for the sacrifices made and the service given!

    ReplyDelete