Monday, May 16, 2011

Back to reality...

On arriving to our church's annual Women's Retreat, my spirit was tired and my body was needing rest.  On returning home from the retreat, my spirit felt revived, but my body still needed a nap.

We had a wonderful time.  The Lord is so faithful.  He always takes my small offering and multiplies it into the more-than-enough that He provides.  Everyone who was able to attend "caught" the transforming power of eucharisteo - the thanksgiving, grace, and joy.  It was so amazing to see the light bulbs go on above their heads.  I couldn't have been happier.  To see my friends fall in love with Ann Voskamp and her book was priceless.  Jesus spoke His love to each lady and the joy filled the room.  There were almost a dozen new Gift Lists started this weekend!

I can't think of a better book to take along on a girl's getaway weekend!  I highly recommend it!

So now, back to reality.  Fortunately, my new reality contains the tools I need to live with a thankful heart, receiving all that God has for me as a gift of grace, and the joy of His presence.  Bring it on!
 

2 comments:

  1. Was Ann at your retreat?! Her book is one that makes one think and changes one's perspective for sure.

    I read it on our recent trip to the ocean over spring break. Even now I can picture exactly where I was sitting as I read certain parts.

    So glad you had this time away for your heart and soul! Now get your body some rest. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha, Donnetta! No, Ann was not there in person, but we felt her impact.

    Spring break trip to the ocean - you know I love that! So glad you got to get away, too! God is so faithful to "lead [us] by still waters..."

    Ready for summer! I am! *;)

    ReplyDelete