Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Retreat on the horizon....Waterfall in the rear view...

I ask for your grace for the next two weeks.  Our annual Women's Retreat is May 13-15, and I need prepare.  I'll try to keep in touch, but my study focus needs to be on our retreat material.

Keeping with my "Enjoying the View" theme....


We found this fun water hole on a short hike in Kahaluu.  Nice clear, cold water to dip our feet in.  Sorry about the graffiti.  Can't seem to get away from it.  One person's art...


Mark was carving Andrew's name, not ours....



Nice shot by the waterfall.
Smooch!

But just so you don't think it's so easy to get these shots, I'll show you how graceful I was on the way down.
My daughter, Rachael, was all too happy to document the moment!


We were standing on a water pipe about 5 feet off the ground.

I'm too scared to jump...

Maybe if I squat down first...

I look like a frog..



Who me?  I'm always this graceful...
The older I get, the easier it is for me to laugh at myself.  I can't take myself too seriously!


But as for me, I will sing about your power.
      Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love.
   For you have been my refuge,
      a place of safety when I am in distress.
O my Strength, to you I sing praises,
      for you, O God, are my refuge,
      the God who shows me unfailing love.
Psalm 59:16-17

Have a great day!  

2 comments:

  1. (Note to self: Do not give a child the camera while climbing down from photo shoots)... because I'm afraid I wouldn't even be as graceful as you! :-)

    Looks like it was a beautiful hike!

    Blessings on you as you prepare for your retreat! May you find God to be fresh and new to you during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donnetta! Wisdom = learning from other's mistakes! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete