Monday, February 8, 2010

The Path to a Grateful Heart


The gratitude habit is gradually taking hold of me.  I find myself thinking - oh, that's gonna be on the list this week.  With the change already happening in my heart, I can't wait to see the progress at #1000.  I'm barely one-tenth of the way there...

This week's additions to the 1000 Gifts:

71.  warm oatmeal cookies and tea

72.  a play-day for Andrew

73.  curling up with a good book

74.  an evening sail before the "cold' front moved in

75.  blooming azaleas

76.  opportunity to attend a web-seminar for worship leaders

77.  God's faithful provision

78.  letter to a friend

79.  my crock-pot; actually it was my moms - I'm thankful it still works!

80.  smiles around the dinner table

81.  a comfortable home

82.  contentment - even momentary

83. the longing in my heart to pray without ceasing

84.  warm sunshine

85.  sand in the car that reminds me of a fun beach day

86.  coffee with a friend

87.  finishing lesson plans on Saturday so that Sunday is the Lord's

88.  seeing dreams come true for deserving people

89.  kid's laughter from the next room

90.  discovering that new traditions can start with me, now


Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.  And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.
Colossians 3:14-16 (NLT)
May God richly bless you this week.



holy experience

1 comment:

  1. Excited to hear that a life of gratitude is taking hold! Eager to continue to read as your list grows, and grows, and grows...

    I absolutely loved this list. Just something about it.

    ReplyDelete