The gratitude habit is gradually taking hold of me. I find myself thinking - oh, that's gonna be on the list this week. With the change already happening in my heart, I can't wait to see the progress at #1000. I'm barely one-tenth of the way there...
This week's additions to the 1000 Gifts:
71. warm oatmeal cookies and tea
72. a play-day for Andrew
73. curling up with a good book
74. an evening sail before the "cold' front moved in
75. blooming azaleas
76. opportunity to attend a web-seminar for worship leaders
77. God's faithful provision
78. letter to a friend
79. my crock-pot; actually it was my moms - I'm thankful it still works!
80. smiles around the dinner table
81. a comfortable home
82. contentment - even momentary
83. the longing in my heart to pray without ceasing
84. warm sunshine
85. sand in the car that reminds me of a fun beach day
86. coffee with a friend
87. finishing lesson plans on Saturday so that Sunday is the Lord's
88. seeing dreams come true for deserving people
89. kid's laughter from the next room
90. discovering that new traditions can start with me, now
Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.
Colossians 3:14-16 (NLT)
May God richly bless you this week.