Thursday, December 3, 2009

So much to say, so little time.

I really don't know how all you bloggers get it done.  I know you are real people with real lives, and yet you all manage to post everyday.  Not just any post.  Beautiful, thoughtful, helpful posts. 

This week, I have so many new ideas I'd love to explore....but...  The girls have rehearsal for their ballet performance 4 days this week.  My FIL's 80th birthday celebration is this Sunday and besides replacing their kitchen counters, we've got to get their house ready for 40 dinner guests....  and decorate it for Christmas. 

Ususally, my house and Christmas tree are all decorated by now.  Today, the tree it sits with just the lights on.  (I quickly put them up yesterday before running out of the house for worship practice.)  And the Thanksgivng centerpiece is still out.  This is a first.

It will definitely be a different kind of Christmas.  No bad, just different.  I have managed to keep up with what's really important:  my own quiet time, schooling, and making sure the family has something to eat...  Other than that, regular routine is out the window.

Through it all, I have managed an Advent thought ~

It had been 400 years of silence when Jesus was born.  Seemingly, God had stopped speaking.  So life among God's people had settled into a routine.  And yet, God saw that it was time.  Christmas came. 

O LORD, please break into my life with Christmas.  I am so grateful for your timing.  Even when I life is rushed and busy, You come.  You rescue me from my routine. 

Listen to the words of the prophet Jeremiah, chapter 33:

14 " 'The days are coming,' declares the LORD, 'when I will fulfill the gracious promise I made to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.


15 " 'In those days and at that time

I will make a righteous Branch sprout from David's line;

he will do what is just and right in the land.

16 In those days Judah will be saved

and Jerusalem will live in safety.

This is the name by which it will be called:

The LORD Our Righteousness.'
May the LORD Our Righteousness, this gracious promise fulfilled, fill you with His grace today.


I'll leave you with the view from our neighborhood park where Andrew had a homeschool P.E. class yesterday.  No matter how busy I am, the LORD always provides reminders of His glory.  Enjoy!









2 comments:

  1. I'm with you when you wonder how "all you bloggers who post daily with beautiful, thoughtful, and helpful posts" get it done! I can barely manage the bit I get done. :-)

    Give yourself a pat on the back. You're ahead of me in having Christmas out. At least you have a tree up. I don't even have that yet!

    Your pictures are absolutely breathtaking!! If I ever get to Hawaii (a BIG IF) I am looking you up! I want to go to this park! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome anytime, Donnetta! This is just taste of the beauty that surrounds me. I am so blessed! I'd love to share it with you. Aloha *;)

    ReplyDelete