Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer is Here! Housekeeping on the blog.

I love summer!  The change of pace is always something I look forward to as much as my kids.  My project list gets long and with it expectations of how the days will go.  As you probably know, that is a recipe for disaster.  You'd think I'd learn by now.  But every year about this time, I have to look at my lists and prioritize them.  What do I REALLY want and need to get done. 

One of the things on my list is to better organize this blog.  I hope to be working on some format changes.  I also want to do a better job at planning my posts.  Case in point, I really should have titled my Offenses of Jesus posts better.  I wrote one week about the Faith of a Gentile woman and then the next about the Women in Jesus' Life, Part 1.  Well, technically the Gentile woman should have been Part 1 and the story of Simon and the "notorious sinner" woman should have been Part 2.  I 'm almost finished with  "Part 3" on Mary and Martha at Lazarus' tomb.  I'm not sure how to fix that...   I'll probably just have to leave it as is - lessons learned.  Thanks for your grace!

I have a new goal for the fall.  I'm planning on running in the Windward Half Marathon in September.  Lord willing, I'd like to blog about my journey to that race.  The Lord speaks to me so much while I run.  I'd hate to keep it all to myself.

But with all my planning, there are some things happening that I just couldn't have foreseen.  For instance, I thought I'd have my oldest home for the summer.  But she has decided to stay in California and work before school starts again for her in the fall.  I also didn't expect to be applying for substitute teaching positions at two Christian schools but the Lord seems to be giving me an alternative to bookkeeping for work.  Thirdly, I didn't expect that we'd be selling our beloved sailboat.  But God is good and I am loved.  Those facts keep me centered and peace is within reach. 




My verse for this summer:

The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives.
  Though they stumble, they will never fall,
for the Lord holds them by the hand.
Psalm 37:23-24 (NLT)

The seasons may change, but our God never changes.  HE is good.  He IS good.  He is GOOD.




1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this post before? So sorry to hear about the boat - I know she will be missed, but it's all in the Lord's hands.

    Beautiful rainbow - not many of those in Texas these days, with the drought...

    Steph's still in California, eh? I know you'll miss her, too. Maybe sometime she could come to Texas on a break. We'd love to have her, and she could hang out with the critters and her cousin ;-)...

    Love, you, K - sister in life and in the Lord...
    C

    ReplyDelete