Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Always something to be grateful for...






There are so many things going on in my life.  I regret that writing has gone down on the priority list.  Seeking a new rhythm and finding time to get it all done is not easy.   I'm really not a natural writer.  I didn't grow up with a diary under my pillow and all those college essays were like pulling teeth.  So I guess that explains why I don't turn to writing when things get crazy.  It's not yet a habit.  Maybe it should be, I know it helps me to sort things out. 

In all that life hands me, I still find many things to be grateful for.  I pick up my list...even though it's not Monday.  Yes, I fell off the gratitude wagon.  But I'm jumping back on and taking you for a ride with me.






Here is my next installment of the 1000 Gifts list:

(161-176)

Good Friday prayer

God's word given through a friend

sin stains washed clean

my risen LORD

a full sanctuary for Easter Sunday

a break in the rain for the egg hunt

chocolate

cool evening rain that waters my plants

a table filled with family and friends for Easter dinner

waterfalls out my window

dear children that help me daily see His grace

that there is always enough

the comfort of shepherd pie

a new parakeet just for me

new strength and new direction for schooling

finding that the millionth kiss is sweeter than the first



1 comment:

  1. It is never too late to be Thankful! So glad that even in the midst of the things of your days, you took time to create this list!

    I've been missing you but I completely understand when life turns upside down and all around. Just wanted you to know... I've noticed and you've been missed. :-)

    Trusting things will settle again for you soon, and in the meantime you are finding Him to be all that you need.

    He is enough... No, rather... He is more than enough!

    ReplyDelete