Monday, March 8, 2010

Multitude Monday - Isaiah 29

Isaiah 29:23-24,
When they see among them their children,
the work of my hands,
they will keep my name holy;
they will acknowledge the holiness of the Holy One of Jacob,
and will stand in awe of the God of Israel.

Those who are wayward in spirit will gain understanding;
those who complain will accept instruction."

Is I travel down this road of gratefulness, I see that my eyes have been blind to a great many things.  I'm just now starting to see the "work" of God's hands in my life previously ignored.  The Word of God is true.  Seeing God's work makes me revere Him more.  With a humbled heart, I endeavor to keep His name holy.  With eyes open to see God's grace in my life, I am much less likely to complain, and my wayward spirit of selfishness and pity are exchanged for understanding.  The fruit of this whole process is that I'm more grateful!  What a wonderful, upward spiral to be on!



I did better with my list this week.  I was able to add to it almost daily in small chunks.  I think it makes the list more meaningful.  Like I've said before, this is a process... and I'm seeing progress!

The 1000 Gifts list for this week:

(126-140)

morning sun through the steam of fresh tea

sisters painting each other's nails - in peace

Jimmy Stewart movie, old friend

late blooming poinsettia

the sound of gentle rain at bedtime

a choice parking space, just in time

acapella praise from the heart

a tail-gate lunch at the conference

my girls with me, seeking Jesus together

jumping up and down in a room of thousands, praising God with David Crowder Band

performance art filled with praise and worship

new inspiration to draw near to His heart

being silly

laughter as good medicine

connections made with fellow travelers on this journey of pressing in


One of the conference speakers, Nancy Beach, posed this question.
 "Who will notice the wonder of what God has placed for us to find?" 

Wonder is a call to worship.  I want to live in a state of wonder.

Read what others are discovering about this journey of gratefulness at the link below:
holy experience





2 comments:

  1. Being silly - such a gift to count :) Thanks for stopping by my gratitude list. My first visitor from Hawaii! Blessings on your homeschool and your gift counting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An upward spiral is a great place to be for sure.

    Oh how often I'm afraid I have missed the wonder God has placed in my day... just for me.

    Searching with refreshed energy and vision.

    ReplyDelete